Welcome to the Writing/Reading Lab at The Technical College of the Lowcountry.
You'll find us in these two locations or you can schedule an online tutoring session by calling 843.525.8221.
Beaufort Campus: Building 9, Room 127
New River Campus: Room 208
Come in and let us help you become a better writer.
Writing/Reading Lab Hours and Locations
Summer 2014 semester hours:
The Writing/Reading Lab in Building 9/127 is open:
Monday – Thursday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
English as a Second Language
Click on the following link to submit your paper to a Writing/Reading tutor for review.
Please allow 3 business days for a tutor's response.
- Last Updated May 5, 2014
Use the resources and examples in this guide to help you cite your sources using the APA citation style.
2,324 views this year
- Last Updated May 1, 2014
5,481 views this year
- Last Updated Apr 30, 2014
The Learning Resources Center and Academic Success Center are teaming up to offer mulitple workshops throughout the semester.
710 views this year
- Last Updated Jul 21, 2014
Use the LRC's subscription databases to find articles for your research.
17,896 views this year
- Last Updated Jun 30, 2014
Learn how to use this online resource to prepare for tests, boost your computer skills, explore jobs and careers, and much more.
125 views this year
What to Expect or not Expect in the Writing/Reading Lab
What should you expect from the Writing/Reading Lab?
- individual assistance on the writing issues that concern you
- helpful, courteous, and competent assistance
- support for writers at all levels of experience and at any stage in the writing process
- improvement in your overall writing ability after repeat visits
What shouldn't you expect from the Writing/Reading Lab?
- an editing service where we do all the work while you sit back and watch
We strive to help you learn to help yourself!
- a perfect paper
Fifty minutes is often not enough time to address everything. Repeat visits may be necessary to polish your writing. The real goal of the Writing/Reading Lab is to help you become a better writer, not just to perfect a particular paper.
- flawless writing assistants who know all the answers
But what we don't know, we'll try to find out!
- answers to all your writing questions in just one or two sessions
Becoming a better writer is a process that happens gradually.
What else should you know?
- Bring a specific writing task to work on along with any ideas, notes, drafts, your writing assignment, and any other relevant materials. As much as possible, complete your research before seeking help with research papers. if you need help conducting your research, please speak with a librarian or ask us to put you in contact with library faculty.
- Be prepared to take an active role in your sessions. Let the tutor know what concerns you most and what you'd like to focus on.
- Plan ahead. Schedule appointments in advance in order to be guaranteed assistance(especially during the final few weeks of the semester).
- Contact the Writing/Reading Lab if you are running late or if you need to cancel your appointment. If you are ten or more minutes late for your appointment, you run the risk of losing that time slot.
Book an Appointment
Got a Question?
Type your question in the box below, or text us at 843-256-2247.