Welcome to the Math Lab at The Technical College of the Lowcountry.
You'll find us in these two locations or you can schedule an online tutoring session by calling 843.525.8221.
Beaufort Campus: Building 9, Room 101
New River Campus: Room 111
Come in and let us help you improve your math skills. We can help with everything from basic math to probability and statistics.
Math Lab Hours and Locations
Spring 2014 semester hours:
The Math Lab in Building 9/101 is open:
Monday – Thursday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Math Lab Video
Math Resource Links
What to Expect or not Expect in the Math Lab
What should you expect from the Math Lab?
- individual assistance working through math assignments
- helpful, courteous, and competent assistance
- improvement in your overall mathmatical ability after repeat visits
What shouldn't you expect from the Math Lab?
- a service where we do all the work while you sit back and watch
We strive to help you learn to help yourself!
- a perfect assignment
One session is often not enough time to address everything. Repeat visits may be necessary to polish your math skills.
- flawless math assistants who know all the answers
But what we don't know, we'll try to find out!
- answers to all your math questions in just one or two sessions
Improving your math skills is a process that happens gradually.
What else should you know?
- Bring a specific math assignment to work on along with any ideas, notes, and any other relevant materials. As much as possible, complete your assignment before seeking help.
- Be prepared to take an active role in your sessions. Let the tutor know what concerns you most and what you'd like to focus on.
- Plan ahead. Schedule appointments in advance in order to be guaranteed assistance (especially during the final few weeks of the semester).
- Contact the Math Lab if you are running late or if you need to cancel your appointment. If you are ten or more minutes late for your appointment, you run the risk of losing that time slot.
Got a Question?
Type your question in the box below, or text us at 843-256-2247.
Math Lab Monitor
My favorite books:
Robert Frost and Franz Kafka